After having talked about the places to visit in London and after having given you some tips about the city, it’s now time to talk about parties! As a terrific city, London is of course a place to party. But be careful, it’s also very expensive to enjoy the night life of the British capital, so you have to know the places you shouldn’t miss. I split it in two parts, the bars and pubs on one hand, the clubs on the other hand.
Best Bars and Pubs in London
England is very famous for its pubs, which you can find on every corner of the streets. Londoners like to have a beer in pubs, usually crowed and noisy, after work or before going to a club. It’s a part of a Londoner’s life, you should be aware of it!
I have some pubs to advice you, because of different reasons.
- Princess Louise, a nice traditional pub: Located in Holborn, this is an awesome place to have a beer in traditional scenery. All is here to remind you old centuries, in a very intimate background. Take a seat and glance at the ceilings.
- The Brewdog, perfect for exotic beers and tasty burgers: One of my favorite pubs was the Brewdog of Camden Town. Often crowed, it features beers you can’t find anywhere else and above all offers tasty burgers and pizzas. It was my preferred place to brunch on Sundays.
- The Blues Kitchen, blues and burger: Again in Camden, the Blues Kitchen is the place to be if you like jazzy ambiance. Live music is played every night, and you also should try the delicious burgers
- The O’Neills, live music and dance floor in Leicester Square: A good place to see live music is this pub/club in the Chinese area of Leicester Square. It becomes a club on three floors during the Week end.
- Walkabout, many TV’s to enjoy sports events: Located in Temple, it’s a big place to enjoy sports events with many TV’s. Beer is at a good price, and on Mondays, you have the Brazilian parties!
Best Clubs in London
London is a city where everyone can enjoy the kind of music he likes. African music in the south, Rock music in Camden, Electro music in Brick Lane or Commercial music in the center, you have the choice! Here are my 3 favorite clubs in London.
- Koko, good music in an amazing scenery: This is my favorite club in London! Based in Mornington Crescent, it’s an old theater renew into a club. You will dance on 5 floors with a scene in front of you. Moreover, the price is low, especially for the entrance. During the first part of the night you usually have live music, and then this is electro music. You have to go there!
- Le Cirque du Soir, entertainment and fun: A classiest club, but also terrific, located in Oxford Circus. You will take part during the night in a circus, with all its characters. Don’t forget your camera. But it’s mainly a great club because of the sound. Very open and close to electro music, I had never been disappointed!
- Fabric, the place to go after clubs closing: Open until 7am, the Fabric is a worldwide known club. Place of electro-techno-dubstep, I advise you to drink before if you want to stay awake for all night long!
You have many clubs to party, among those I didn’t talk about, here is a list of nice places to enjoy the nightlife in London: Movida, Chinawhite, Jalouse, Lock 17, Ministry of Sound, King’s Club, The Egg, XOYO, Café de Paris and Maddox. I’ve tried all these clubs, and it’s worth it.